Training is split into theory & practical, including launching and entering a life raft, actions to be taken for self-protection in emergency situations, survival at sea and deployment of safety equipment.
This course combines classroom and in-water training to teach personnel the proper actions and survival techniques to ensure safety during an emergency evacuation/ abandonment from a vessel or offshore facility.
Applicants who successfully complete the Personal Survival Techniques course will satisfy:
- Training and competency requirements of STCW Code, as amended 2010, Section A-Vl/1
- Training and competency requirements 46 CFR 1 l.302(a)(l) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(l) and have performed all practical demonstrations as guided by the applicable section within the Basic Training NVIC 08-14.
- Applicants are not required to present completed record of assessment sheets when applying for the STCW endorsement.
- SOLAS and LSA Code
- Types of Emergencies on Ships
- Personal Lifesaving Equipment: Utilization and Purpose
- Life Saving Appliances (LSA)
- Value of Training and Drills
- Rescue Operations and Techniques
- Helicopter Operations
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion