Crew members have a responsibility to work together and socially co-exist with each other. This course forms part of the basic safety training for seafarers and covers safety procedures and accident prevention.
This course is designed to teach personnel the proper actions to take while executing their shipboard duties to ensure their own personal safety, the safety of fellow crewmembers and to protect the marine environment.
Any applicant who successfully completes the course will satisfy
- The Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities competency and training requirements of Section A-VI/I and Table A-VI/1-4 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, and 46 CFR l 1.302(a)(4) and 12.602(a)(4);
- AND have performed all practical demonstrations as guided by the applicable section within the Basic Training NVIC 08-14.
- Applicants are not required to present completed record of assessment sheets when applying for the STCW endorsement.
- Knowledge of emergencies and preparedness
- Prevention of Pollution and Environmental protection
- Adhering to safe working practices
- Effective human relationships onboard ship
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication
- Personal well-being and social responsibility
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion