Our course provides seafarers with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide immediate lifesaving first aid to a person in need.
Seafarer’s employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship as part of the ship’s complement with designated duties in the operation of the ship shall, before being assigned, have completed Elementary First Aid. The course is taught through a blended program, students will spend 4 hours across 4 days on the online portal and spend 5 hours of in-class training.
Successful completion of this course satisfies the following requirements:
- Elementary First Aid per STCW Code Table A-VVl-3;
- Elementary First Aid per 46 CFR I 1.302(a)(3) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(3); and
- The first aid and CPR training requirements of 46 CFR 11.201 (i) (l).
- Safety Hazards
- Body Structure
- Immediate Actions and Positioning Casualty
- Basic Trauma and Shock Management
- Patient Assessment
- First aid for Accident or Illness Onboard
- Burns, Scalds and Electric Shock Accidents
- Improvise Bandages and Use of Materials in Emergency Kit
- Rescue and Transport of a Casualty
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:<!============= Process Steps Template Designer 1.3.2 =============>
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion