This course is designed to train seafarers in minimizing risk, maintaining state of readiness, and extingushing shipboard fires.
This course is designed to teach participants the importance of fire prevention, the proper actions to take upon discovering a fire, and how to protect themselves with existing firefighting equipment within their work area.
Successful completion of this course will satisfy:
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VVl;
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CPR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2);
- Basic Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201 (h)(2) [Basic only] and 46 CFR 11.201 (h)(3 ); and
- The Fire Fighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d) and 13.501(c)(3).
- Fire Prevention and Safety
- Firefighting Strategies and Procedures
- Firefighting Methods
- Firefight Drills
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion