Main engine damage makes up 35% of machinery claims costs, with an average of over $0.5 million per claim, says the Swedish Club. Yet, most engine damage remains related to incorrect repairs and maintenance. Numerous cases have been noted where damage occurs shortly after the engines have been overhauled by the ship or shore staff. Much of it, is due to human errors.
Engine Room Resource Management (ERM) is an online course is designed to provide an officer in charge of an engineering watch (OICEW) an understanding of the proper utilization and considerations given to resources available in a maritime engine department.
Successful completion of the Engine Room Resource Management course satisfies the following:
- Engine Room Resource Management training requirements in 46 CFR 11.325(a)(3)(i) and (b)(1); 46 CFR 11.327(a)(3)(i) and (b)(1); 46 CFR 11.329(a)(4)(iv); 46 CFR 11.331(a)(3)(i) and (b)(1); and 46 CFR 11.333(a)(3)(i); and (b)(1); AND
- Leadership and Teamworking Skills requirements of 46 CFR 11.329(c); AND
- Specific tasks from NVIC 17-14 Officer in Charge of an Engineering Watch: 1.1.F; 1.4.A; 3.1.A; 16.1.A; 16.2.A; 16.3.A;16.4.A.
- Candidates who have successfully completed this course need not present completed “Task Control Sheets” for these assessments in application for STCW certification.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Knowledge of the Company Policies and Organizational Structures
- Cultural Diversity and Communications
- Planning and Coordination
- Allocation, Assignment and Prioritization of Resources
- Effective Communication Onboard and Ashore
- Assertiveness and Leadership, including Motivation
- Situational Awareness and Risk Assessment
- Identify and Consider Generated Options
- Selecting the Course of Action
- Evaluation of Outcome Effectiveness
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:
Pending USCG Approval
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion