Like all machinery and equipment, high voltage motors are subject to wear and tear. Thermal, electrical, ambient and mechanical(TEAM) stresses cause components to deteriorate as they age. Analyzing the cause of failure for motors from different manufacturers show that problems with the bearings or stator winding insulation are behind most of the failures.
The High Voltage Safety course has been designed to satisfy the HV requirements laid out in the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW), Manila Amendments. Candidates will acquire necessary theoretical knowledge upon successful completion of this course. Additional hands-on or simulator-based training will be necessary to meet the requirements for endorsement.
Candidates who successfully completes the High Voltage Safety course and the hands-on training will satisfy:
- The High-Voltage Power Systems training requirements of 46 CFR 11.335(a)(4)(vi) for STCW endorsement as an Electro-Technical Officer ETO);
- The High-Voltage Power Systems training requirements of 46 CFR 12.611(a)(4)(ii) for STCW endorsements as an Electro-Technical Rating (ETR);
- The equivalent of the specific tasks found in the National Assessment Guidelines of the Electro-Technical Officer NVIC 23-14. 1.1.A; 8.1.A and 17.1.D AND
- The equivalent of the specific TASK found in the National Assessment Guidelines of the Electro-Technical Rating NVIC 24-14. 1.1A; 2.1.A; and 8.2.A.
- Safety Rules on Marine HV Environment according to Current Regulations and Recommendations (STCW, SOLAS, HSE etc.)
- Marine HV Safety Aspects and Safe Working Procedures
- Special Considerations for Shipboard/Offshore Electrical Installations
- Dangers of Electricity and Arc-Faults in Switch Gears
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Marine Electrical, Propulsion and Distribution Systems
- Protection System of Electrical Installations
- Accident Analysis Workshop
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion