The total global LNG fleet(Year 2018) stands at 600 vessels out of which 499 ships are in service, and 101 ships are on order. The wages for an LNG master and chif engineer command an annual salary of $121,536 the highest paid sea-based professionals; but the complexity of technology, cargo operations and safety concerns create the demand for such crews with specilist knowledge and skills.
Advanced Liquefied Gases course is intended to provide specialized training for personnel responsible for operating liquefied natural gas carriers (LNGC). The candidate will be provided with instruction, information, and experience relevant to their assigned duties.
Candidates who successfully complete this course will:
- Meet the Standards of competence, required by 46 CFR 13.607(a)(2), (b)(2) or (c)(2), of Section A-V/1, table A-V/1-2-2 of the STCW Code for Advanced Liquefied Gas Tanker Cargo Operations, PROVIDED.
- the applicant also supplies a statement signed by the Master, Chief Engineer, or Chief Mate of a Liquefied Gas Tanker, appropriate to the endorsement sought (Tank ship, Tank Barge, Engineer), that the mariner has demonstrated to the satisfaction of the signer that he or she is fully capable of supervising transfers of liquefied gas cargos in accordance with the guidance found in Navigation Vessel Inspection Circular 22-14 (Encl 1, paragraph 6).
- Introduction to Liquefied Gas and Transportation
- Chemistry and Physics
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Hazards and Controls
- Liquefied Gas Tanker Design and Cargo Containment
- Cargo Handling Systems
- Equipment and Support systems
- Cargo Operations
- Emergency Procedures
- Rules and Regulations
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:<!============= Process Steps Template Designer 1.3.2 =============>
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion