The total global LNG fleet(Year 2018) stands at 600 vessels out of which 499 ships are in service, and 101 ships are on order. The wages for an LNG master and chif engineer command an annual salary of $121,536 the highest paid sea-based professionals; but the complexity of technology, cargo operations and safety concerns create the demand for such crews with specilist knowledge and skills.
Tank Ship Liquefied Gases course is an online course meeting the STCW requirements for officers and ratings who may not have sailed on board Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) tanker ships.
This course satisfies the following requirements:
- 46 CFR 13.201(c)(4) for original issuance OR 13.120(a)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-PIC (LG): AND
- 46 CFR 13.301(c)(4) for original issuance OR 13.120(c)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-PIC (Barge) (LG): AND
- 46 CFR 13.401(e)(l) for original issuance OR 13.120(b)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-Assistant (LG); AND
- CFR 13.50l(c)(4) for original issuance OR 13.120(d)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-Engineer (LG); AND
- This course meets the requirements of 46 CFR 13.61 l(a)(2), of Section AV/1, Table A-V/1-2-1 of the STCW Code for Basic Liquefied Gas Tanker Cargo Operations.
- Chemistry and Physics
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Hazards and Controls
- Liquefied Gas Tanker Design and Cargo Containment
- Cargo Handling Systems
- Equipment and Support systems
- Cargo Operations
- Emergency Procedures
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion