Power distance refers to how members of an organization accept how power is distributed. and this sometimes leads to human failures in ships. For example, people from aountries with low power distance relations are more consultative and democratic whereas individuals from high power distance cultures are more respectful of authority and less effective without orders from their supervisors.
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Leadership and Teamworking Skills course will satisfy:
- The Leadership and Teamworking Skills standards of competence required by 46 CFR 11.309(c)(1) and 11.319(b)(1); STCW Code Section A-II/1 and Table A-II/1, as amended 2010, meeting the National Assessment Guidelines from NVICs 12-14(Ch-4) and 02-18(Ch-1) Tasks 17.1.A, 18.1.A, 18.2.A.
- The Leadership and Teamworking Skills standards of competence required by 46 CFR 11.3 21(b)(1); STCW Code Section A-II/3 and Table A-II/3, as amended 2010.
- The Leadership and Teamworking Skills standards of competence required by 46 CFR 11.329(c); STCW Code Section A-III/1 and Table A-III/1, as amended 2010, meeting the National Assessment Guidelines from NVIC 17-14(Ch-4) Tasks 15.1.A, 16.1.A, and 16.2.A.
Applicants who have successfully completed your course need not present completed “TaskControlSheets” forthese assessments in application for STCW certification.
- Duties and responsibilities of shipboard personnel
- The Human Factor
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Resource management
- Task and workload management
- Decision making techniques
- International Conventions and Maritime Laws
- International maritime conventions and National legislation
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:<!============= Process Steps Template Designer 1.3.2 =============>
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion