Shipping giant Maersk was forced to replace tens of thousands of servers and computers in the aftermanth of a ransomware attack. The Maersk computer system runs an operation that handles 20% of all world trade; it carries an average of 20,000 containers into ports around the world, every 15 minutes. The attack caused a loss of $250 – $300 million.
The Vessel Security Officer (VSO) course will satisfy the following:
- training requirements of 33 CFR 104.215(d)(1)(iv), and
- STCW Code Section A-VI/5 for an STCW endorsement as Vessel Security Officer.
Candidates who successfully complete this course should be able to undertake the duties and responsibilities of a designated Vessel Security Officer.
- Maritime Security Policy
- Security Responsibilities
- Ship Security Assessment
- Security equipment and systems
- Ship Security Plan
- Threat Identification, Recognition, and Response
- Ship Security Actions
- Emergency Preparedness, Drills, and Exercises
- Security Administration
- Security Training
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion