The Combined Marine Firefighting course emphasizes hands-on training to provide you with the skills necessarry to effectively lead an emergency response team aboard a merchant vesel or offshore facility.
This course is designed to train seafarers in minimizing risk, maintaining state of readiness, and extinguishing shipboard fires. It combines both classroom and practical fire-field exercises in full turnout gear with live burns.
Successfully completion of this course will satisfy the following requirements:
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/1;
- Advanced Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/3;
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2);
- Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) and 46 CFR l 1.201(h)(3);
- Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 1 l .303(a); and
- Firefighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d); and 13.501(c)(3).
- Fire Prevention and Safety:
- Firefighting Strategies and Procedures
- Firefighting Methods
- Firefighting On-Deck and Various Types of Ships
- Maintenance and Inspection of Fire Protection System and Appliances
- Firefighting Drills
- Casualty Management
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion