The Combined Marine Firefighting course emphasizes hands-on training to provide you with the skills necessarry to effectively lead an emergency response team aboard a merchant vesel or offshore facility.
This course is designed to train seafarers in minimizing risk, maintaining state of readiness, and extinguishing shipboard fires. It combines both classroom and practical fire-field exercises in full turnout gear with live burns. Successfully completion of this course will satisfy the following requirements:
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/1;
- Advanced Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/3;
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2);
- Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) and 46 CFR l 1.201(h)(3);
- Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 1 l .303(a); and
- Firefighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d); and 13.501(c)(3).
Fire Prevention and Safety: Controlling Fire, Fire Fighting Organization, Fire Safety Arrangements, Fire Detection System and alarms, Fire Extinguishing Appliances, Fixed fire Extinguishing System, Fire Fighting Procedures
Firefighting on Deck: Non-cargo space fire on Deck, Fire in Container/RO-RO Ships, Bulk Carrier Ships, Oil Tankers, Chemical Carrier, and Gas Carrier
Firefighting in Accommodation: Structural Fire Protection Regulations, Common Causes of Fire and Its Prevention, Accommodation Fire Fighting Arrangement
Firefighting in Machinery Space: Structural Fire Protection Arrangements, Common causes of fire and prevention, Machinery space Fire Fighting arrangement, Automatic fire monitoring systems, Fighting Fire in machinery space, Total Flooding Gas Systems.
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion