This course is for junior officers upgrading to Chief Mate/Master. The course provides instructions designed to provide experienced Deck Officers with advanced training and understanding in the application of the U.S. Inland and International Rules for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea. The course also prepare them for organizing, managing, and utilizing a bridge team.
This course satisfies the Advanced Watchkeeping (Management Level) requirements, as follows:
- 46 CFR 11.305 and STCW Regulation II/2, for an STCW endorsement as Master on Vessels of 3,000 GT or More (Management Level)
- 46 CFR 11.30 and STCW Regulation II/2, for an STCW endorsement as Chief Mate on Vessels of 3,000 GT or More (Management Level)
- Specific Tasks from the National Assessment Guidelines in NVIC 10-14.
- Collision regulations including complex multi-ship situations
- Bridge Resource Management principals and techniques for organizing and motivating the bridge team
- Identify vessels by light configurations
- Identify vessels by day shapes
- Application of Rules of the Road to avoid a collision
The Benefits of Learn America’s Blended/Online Industry Recognized Credentials:
Flexible course enrollment
Interactive online program proctored by industry experts
Affordable and convenient with volume license discounts for corporate customers
USCG approved certificate of completion issued upon successful program completion